Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

It has been a wild 3 weeks.  My family was sick, than I was sick.  (week one)  The Corner Church / Corner Coffee staff / family was sick and I covered a bunch of shifts.  (week two)  I spent the week coaching at a Church Planters Boot Camp.  (week three)  The thing that I am wrestling with today is that it is easy for me to always be in a busy season.  I usually say, even think that it is busy now, but it will slow down next week or next month or next year…  I need to work harder on building my to not do list.  It is hard because I love so many things.  I want to be involved in so many things.  I see benefit in so many things.  BUT…  Doing everything is not healthy for my marriage, my kids, my faith, my ministry…  Who am I to think that my involvement in EVERYTHING is key to what God is doing today.  It is possible to be lazy.  To watch Sports Center fifteen hours a day, but that is not my issue.  I need to trust more.  Trust that it is up to my savior, not up to me. 

I don’t have answers.  I am just working on it.

1 comment:

  1. Laziness is not my issue, either.

    "I need to trust more. Trust that it is up to my savior, not up to me."

    I needed this today. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete