Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Do We Have Something Unique?

I have found it very easy to dismiss God’s hand in building His church.  What does that really mean anyway.  Are we taking that too literally or not literally enough?  Jesus loves the church.  He is interested in putting it together.  I have no doubt of this.  I do wrestle with the reality that it is possible to “screw up church.”  We can.  That has to be a hard one for Jesus to swallow.

This said…  I am blown away by the people at Corner Church.  AMAZING.  How can a “random” group of people be so intriguing, interesting, talented, visionary, influential, genuine…  As I continually get to know our growing church family more and more, I ask the question, do we have something unique?  I am confident God is building our church.  Not a building, not a system, not an organization, but people.

I guess I am feeling honored to be a part of what Jesus has, is, and will do at Corner Church.

2 comments: