Wednesday, December 31, 2008

"it"

As I sit in Corner Coffee this morning thinking about what I should blog about…


The reality hits me how dumb it is that I would sit and try to think of something to blog.


Why do we read these things?  It seems like some kind of ego trip.  Let me jot down some of my thoughts and let people read them so they can become enlightened to how things really are or how they should be…  Is this really what this blog thing is all about?

 

Today is the last day of 2008 and I am being hit with some weird brand of humility.  Another year of figuring out faith, marriage, parenting, ministry, community, leadership…  The list goes on and on.  I don’t have it all figured out.  Not to a point of thinking that I can write some all answers blog.  Isn’t that why we read these things… to get some answers.  I am not sitting here wallowing in self-pity saying that I have nothing to offer.  The reality I see is one that says keep working on it.  Keep working on it.  Answers are easy to come by.  Everyone has one for you and they may even be right sometimes.  But they are worthless unless you are still working on it.  In 2009 I am going to keep working on it.  Please give me answers.  Please give me direction.  I will try to do the same in sharing answers and direction, but they are worthless unless I/we are working on it.  It is hard to quantify what not working on it looks like, but we all know what it is.  Grasp another day.  Here it is.  There it goes.  I don’t want to get latent in the passing of time.  Today and this year let’s “work on it.”  What is “it?”  That answer I can’t give you.  You won’t find it in any blog.  “It” is between you and God our father.

 

Off to work I go.

 

On “it”

 

Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment