Saturday, December 27, 2008

Cliché?

I wonder if it is cliché to say that when there seems to be the most resistance we are on the edge of doing something amazing for God. I know that the enemy would love nothing more than for us to be discouraged. He has to revel in the moment that we give up on or question God. He must love that instant that we wonder if He is in control or if He even cares. So when we feel the potential for these thoughts in our lives does this mean we are on the receiving end of special attack? I am not sure…

The past week has seen several challenges. Water problem in our condo… Finances tightening… Coffeehouse broken into…

These things did have potential to discourage, but because of them, I have been focused on Christ’s provision. I have comforted myself with the idea that this means that we are on the front end of great potential.

I am not sure if this is really how it works, but my prayer is that my faith and trust would grow with the challenges. One thing that I do know for certain is that as my faith grows so does the potential to do great things for Him.

Cliché or not. Potential is always there.

Jesus, grow my faith. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment